Re-opening of the Community Sports Ground
Wed 03 Mar 2021
We are pleased to be able to provide more information on upcoming tennis at the Community Centre.
- As announced last week, outdoor courts at the CSG will re-open on Monday 29 March. We would like to remind players that courts can be booked for casual play up to 13 days in advance. Therefore online booking for Monday 29 March will be available from Tuesday 16 March. As per the Government guidelines, indoor play will not be permitted earlier than 12 April.
- A reminder that under our COVID protocols, we ask that when booking a court members email us at email@example.com to provide details of the names of ALL players who will be on court under that booking. This is required for contact tracing purposes.
- Our programme of coaching sessions will resume on Monday 29 March, with our regular Pay & Plays and Drills taking place until Thursday 1 April. A reduced programme of sessions will then run between Tuesday 6 and Friday 16 April due to Junior Holiday Camps and Ball Boys & Girls training. These will be available to book online 13 days in advance as usual.
- The coaching team will also be running four days of ‘Back to Tennis’ sessions from 7-9pm on Monday 29 March – Thursday 1 April for Beginners, Improvers and Intermediate players. These one-off sessions will also be available to book online on the Programmes page 13 days in advance.
- We hope to be able to run our Summer Programme of adult coaching courses starting from 19 April, and will send out further information on this in due course.
- We will be running 2 weeks of camps during the Easter Holidays, from Tuesday 6 – Friday 9 and Tuesday 13 – Friday 16 April. These are now open for booking via the Programmes page of the website.
In a change to the normal format we will run 2 daily sessions for each ball colour in order to allow us to offer more places.
Red Ball: 9.00am - 10.30am
10.30am - 12pm
Orange Ball: 9.00am - 10.30am
10.30am - 12pm
Green Ball: 1pm - 2.30pm
2.30pm - 4pm
Yellow Ball: 1pm - 2.30pm
2.30pm - 4pm
- Provided that the Government Roadmap date for the re-opening of indoor courts does not slip, we hope to be able to resume our junior coaching programme for the Summer term from Monday 19 April. We will send out more information on this once we are able to commence the enrolment process.
Individual Coaching Lessons
- The coaching team will be available for 1:1 individual lessons from Monday 29 March. To arrange a time please contact them directly – their details can be found on the Coaching Team page on our website.
We ask that all players familiarise themselves with our Covid Rules for Safe Play before visiting the Community Sports Ground. A link to the LTA’s summary grid of Permitted Tennis Activity from Monday 29 March can be found here.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back on court soon!
The All England Lawn Tennis Club CSG Team